Panel discussion: The complex simplicity of the pallet market
Pallets have always been one of the main packaging and logistics topics. Interest in this area has skyrocketed during the pandemic, which has severely disrupted supply chains. Thus, the tough situation resulting from the lack and high prices of wood was exacerbated by a shortage of fasteners. The prices of wooden pallets, which make up 90% of the market, have soared, while plastic, metal or cardboard pallets have also become more expensive. Companies are logically asking when the growth in prices will stop. But we have more questions for panelists:
- How will the new post-pandemic economic norm support or dampen interest in pallet pooling?
- Will pallet rental rates increase?
- How can a company optimize its pallet management?
- Will digital pallet sharing and exchange platforms reverse the market status quo?
- Is it worth repairing pallets?
- For which applications are different types of materials and pallet sizes suitable?
- When will the pallets communicate electronically within the chain or with the goods themselves?
- And what pallet innovations are on the horizon?